Aubergines are an excellent source of dietary fibre. They are also a good source of vitamins & minerals. There are almost more than 50 ways of cooking the Aubergines. The cooking methods vary and its succulent, easy to digest and can be consumed as a meal by itself with proper accompaniments. And the same can be properly blended with meat, chicken and pork or seafood. Lets now delve into details of aubergine cuisine.
|Chicken Mince||100 gms|
|Aubergines [Firm & Lengthy]||2 to3 nos|
|Capsicum [finely chopped]||½ no.|
|Tomato [Pulp Removed]||1 no.|
|Onion [Finely chopped] med. sized||1 no.|
|Garlic [Finely chopped]||6 flakes|
|Bread crumbs||2 tbsp|
|Grated Parmesan||1 tbsp.|
|Dill Leaves chopped||1 tsp|
|8 to 8 sauce||½ tsp|
|Rose mary||½ Tsp|
|Olive oil||1 tbsp|
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
|Mozzarella cheese||½ cup|
- Cut the aubergines lengthwise Scoop out the aubergine pulp, chop and keep aside.
- Take a clean bowl and mix all ingredients together the aubergine pulp, chicken and all other ingredients except olive oil and Mozzarella. Mix the ingredients well and make sure the blend is perfect.
- After the aubergine pulp is scooped, brush the inside with olive oil and smear salt and pepper.
- Fill the aubergines with the chicken aubergine mix and leave aside. [If there is balance chicken mix, the same can be used for making Culets or Can even be baked in a small Pyrex dish]
- Preheat the oven at 360 degree and then place the stuffed aubergines to bake for 20 to 30 mts making sure that this doesn’t burn at all. Garnish the aubergines with chopped Cilantro leaves
- The aubergines can be served with garlic toast or Rolls.
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.