Apple Pie Recipe
by Rayomund Pardiwalla, Executive Chef, The Den Bengaluru
- Granny Smith Apples 1000 Gm
- Cinnamon 10 Gm
- Butter 120 Gm
- Sugar 200 Gm
- Flour 50 Gm
- Flour 300 Gm
- Butter 200 Gm
- Icing Sugar 100 Gm
- Egg 25 Gm
- Vanilla Essence 5 Gm
METHODS OF PREPARATION:
- Mix the butter, flour and icing sugar together in a mixer with the paddle attachment or combine it together using the sanding technique.
- Add the eggs and let the dough rest.
- To prepare the filling, peel the apples and core them. Chop into small cubes and cook with sugar and butter.
- Add the cinnamon and flour.
- Once cooled, sheet out the dough and cut it to fit into the desired mold. (Grease the mold before placing the dough.)
- Add the filling into the lined base and cover the top with more dough either as a whole round, lattice or grated.
- Apply egg wash and bake for 25 mins at 180° Celsius.