|Onions sliced & fried to golden brown
|Kashmiri Chilly powder
|Coriander Leaves chopped
- De bone chicken, wash, rinse and Pat dry. Take chicken in a bowl, marinate with GG paste, Kashmiri chilly powder, turmeric and other condiments. Keep aside.
- Soak walnuts, cashewnuts and Poppy seeds in hot water, for some time. Remove almond`s skin, add cashew nuts, poppy seed, almond and fried Onions and curd in a mixer jar and grind to a smooth paste.
- Keep oil in a SS pan, add oil and butter, add cumin seeds and other dry spices, allow cumin seeds to splutter, and now add marinated chicken and sauté well.
- Allow chicken to cook for 5 minutes, add salt and ground masala, blend well, cover with a lid and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Now the chicken is well cooked, add cream, garam masala and shan Masala. Mix well, Keep covered.
- Top with coriander leaves and fried sultanas. Garnish with grated Boiled egg. Good to have with Wheat Paratha.
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.