|Chicken Legs Cleaned||4 nos.|
|Hung curd||½ Cup|
|White Pepper||½ tsp|
|Kashmiri chilly Powder||1tsp|
|Black cardamom Powder||1no.|
|Coriander Leaves fine chopped||1tsp|
|Chat Masala Powder||½ tsp|
|Cumin Powder||½ tsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||½ tsp|
|Lime Wedges||4 nos.|
- Clean Wash, the drum sticks and drain well. Pat dry with kitchen towel and keep in a bowl. And spread to remove all moisture. Make gashes on the chicken and keep separate.
- Add GG paste, Hung Curd, garam masala, and mustard oil. Mix well. Add chicken legs. And all condiments.
- Then add thick cream Kasoori Methi powder and all remaining ingredients. Mix well and cover with cling. Check seasonings. Add one wedge Lemon Juice. Refrigerate for a minimum of Two hrs.
- Heat an iron griddle, smear little oil and Place the Marinated chicken basting on Both sides with little oil.
- Once the chicken is cooked arrange in a plate with salads and a wedge of lemon. And with mint chutney and Tandoori salad.
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.