Meat With Bok Choy In Oyster Glaze
|Chicken Stock||150 ml|
|Oyster sauce||60 ml|
|Lean Tenderloin Slices||250 gm|
|Soy sauce||60 ml|
|Ginger Chopped||1 tbsp|
|Garlic Chopped||1 tbsp|
|Vegetable oil||for Sautéing|
|Plum Sauce||30 ml|
|Bok choy sliced||2 stalks|
- Prepare chicken stock in a sauce pan by adding chicken trimmings, little celery and plain cold fresh water, and allow to boil.
- Once the water gets boiled lower the flame and simmer.. Keep the same in the Sauce pan itself . Blanch Bokchoy leaves in the stock till it becomes tender.
- Place a wok on fire , add oil, when hot add ginger and garlic, sauté for two mts. Add Tenderloin slices and continue sautéing for 3 mts. Half cooked.
- Add Oyster sauce, Soy sauce. Check the seasonings. Roughly cut the bok choy and blend with the meat in stock . Glaze with oil and I tsp oyster sauce and plum sauce.
- Eaten best with Jasmine rice.
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.