Fish Belle Meuniere
|Refined flour||½ Cup|
|Sole or Salmon Fish fillets||4 Nos. – 750gm|
|Salt & Pepper||To taste|
|Sliced Button Mushrooms||3 tbsp|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
|Unsalted butter||3 tbsp|
|Fresh parsley chopped||2 tbsp|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 tbsp|
|Lemon wedges||2 Nos.|
- Sieve flour into an open dish or a platter.Wash fish slices thoroughly, Rinse andpat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Add one wedge squeezed Lemon Juice .
- Just dredge fish on both sides with flour; Make sure there is no excess flour. Place on platter.
- Heat oil in a med. Sized pan and move through the sides of the pan. Remove Oil Add butter quickly. When foam subsides, add fish and cook until golden on bottom, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Carefully turn fish over and cook until opaque in center and golden on bottom, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place the fish between 2 plates; cover with foil.
- Now melt the butter in a small pan, sauté mushrooms, add chopped parsley and remaining Lemon juice, cook for seconds and pour the Lemon Butter Parsley with mushroom on top of the fish arranged in Platters
- Serve with Mashed Potatoes and asperges tips.
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.