- Offers an immersive Republic Day Parade experience, in line with its ‘hyperlocal approach’ by leveraging technology to offer novel consumer experiences
- Celebrates India@75 by showcasing the rich contributions of India’s states through ‘virtual jhankis’
National, 25th January 2023: This Republic Day, TATA Tea Premium – Desh Ki Chai, the flagship brand of Tata Tea launches its #DeshKiJhanki initiative, celebrating the rich contributions of our states to India@75 via an immersive Republic Day parade. In line with the brand’s hyper-local approach, the latest campaign allows users to enjoy an immersive experience through a 360-degree viewing of 3D Jhankis, and an impactful narrative that brings alive iconic moments and events from the states of India
A specially designed microsite: www.IndiaKiChai.com allows consumers to check out Jhankis (tableaus) of select states, that exhibit some key moments & contributions that brought glory to India. A unique audio-visual experience gives everyone an opportunity to get an immersive experience and enjoy the Republic Day parade from comfort of their homes.
Knitting together elements of pride, nostalgia, and technology, the brand has also launched an exciting new Film Youtube.com/DeshKiJhanki, that showcases the ‘DeshKiJhanki’ concept in a Pop-up story book format, which is also a curtain raiser for the virtual parade on 26th January. The Film with its unique marching band inspired musical, celebrates the rich accomplishments of our states that have contributed to India@75.
The #DeshKiJhanki initiative captures the below regional motifs of some of the states, highlighted in their visually vibrant jhankis:
- Delhi – At the centre of New Delhi stands the India Gate which is a majestic and awe-inspiring sight. The first colour TV telecast in India took place in 1982 in Delhi, which changed how we view the world. Finally, the lifeline of Delhi, the Delhi Metro connecting the entire city with its elaborate network.
- Haryana – Haryana’s Jhanki represents our rising strength in the world of sports. Haryana is often referred to as India’s medal factory, and the entire country is proud of its athletes.
- UP – The Jhanki of UP is showcasing Taj Mahal as well as the Ghats of Benares. UP’s culture and history is the pride of entire country.
- Punjab – Punjab’s Jhanki symbolises the land’s rich farming culture where the seeds of India’s green revolution were sown as well as the iconic Bhakra Nangal Dam
- Bihar – An amalgamation of Bihar’s pride – the captivating Madhubani pottery, the famous Gol Ghar and the third-longest river bridge in India, Mahatma Gandhi Setu.
- West Bengal – Representing West Bengal’s illustrious legacy, the Jhanki showcases the magnificent Howrah Bridge, the Dhunuchi dance, and Bengal’s favourite sport, football.
- Odisha – Odisha’s Jhanki showcases the longest earthen dam in the world, Hirakud Dam, along with its glorious past, represented through the Konark Chakra and the sun temple. It also pays ode to the state’s contribution in the sport of Hockey for India.
- Maharashtra – The Jhanki of Maharashtra showcases the ubiquitous symbol of 21st century Mumbai – the Bandra Worli Sea Link – considered an infrastructural marvel, along with its iconic Dabbawala and the grand Gateway of India.
Commenting on the initiative Puneet Das, President – Packaged Beverages (India and South Asia), Tata Consumer Products said “Tata Tea Premium-Desh ki Chai, is extremely thrilled to launch the Desh Ki Jhanki initiative which highlights celebrated regional motifs of pride from across the country by means of a virtual 3D Republic Day parade. Offering disruptive and immersive consumer experiences has always remained the core of who we are as a brand. We have always engaged with our consumers through such innovative consumer campaigns leveraging the power of digital storytelling & latest technology while remaining relevant to the masses. This is yet another testament of our efforts in celebrating India through its diverse culture, rich traditions & vibrant motifs across the country and showcasing them to audiences in an impactful manner.”
Azazul Haque, Chief Content Officer India Media Monks speaking on the campaign said, “Republic Day Jhankis, the float from various states is one of the most eagerly awaited events every year. From a child to the most elderly, it’s an experience we have fond memories of. The idea of Tata Tea Premium Desh ki Jhanki Campaign is to give every Indian an immersive experience of seeing an event they have seen since their childhood; in a way they have never experienced before. The 3D Virtual, immersive experience of Jhanki’s of various states is not just a campaign, it’s a moment of pride that we want to celebrate with every Indian.”