|Beef Rond Or Tenderloin cleaned wt.||1 kg|
|Kashmiri Chilly Powder||2 tbsp|
|Meat Masala Powder||2 tbsp|
|GG paste||1 tbsp|
|Fenugreek seeds||½ tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1 tsp|
|Garlic fine chopped||15 flakes|
|Ginger 1” long fine chopped||4 pcs|
|Green Chilly chopped||10 nos|
|Curry Leaves chopped||2 sprigs|
|Hot Water||1 glass|
- The round or a tenderloin should be cleaned ,excess fat if any removed. Wash well and dice into cubes and keep separate.
- Smear little Chillypowder , turmeric powder, meat masala powderAnd ginger garlic paste and salt. Keep separate foe for 20 minutes.
- Do theemis en place for pickle. That is keep condiments, GG and other required ingredients ready to use.
- Keep oil in a big vessel or Kadai for frying beef. When frying beef, make sure that its not over fried. The water content in the Beef should be fully absorbed. Remove from oil and drain in a Parchment paper kept on a strainer.
- Fry the green chilly, garlic and ginger with curry leaves in the same manner, making sure that there is no water content.
- In the same oil transfer 3 to 4 tbsp of oil into another vessel, crackle little Mustard seeds, Fenugreek seeds, 2 or 3 whole red Chilly and Curry leaves.
- When its sautéed well, add Kashmiri hilly Powder, Turmeric powder.meat masala powder and chilly powder. Continue sautéing for 3 minutes.
- Now transfer all fried ingredients to the masala and mix well on low fire. add 2 cups of vinegar and stir well. Cook for 3 minutes.
- again if you need the consistency little more loose, then you can add one cup of Hot Water and mix. Check for seasonings.
- This pickle cn be served with Rice as a relish.
- Never use use Coconut oil for making pickle. When it lasts long, there are chances it may leave a bad taste in mouth.
- The pickle shall not be dished out with any wet spoon.
- Keep pickle airtight and take only the required quantity in small bowls.
- U can use either sunflower oil or sesame oil for making pickles.
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.