Pumpkin Cream Cheese Ice Cream
No. of portion: 8 Scoop
|Cream Cheese||230 g|
|Brown Sugar||100 g|
|Heavy Cream||480 ml|
|Egg Yolks||5 Nos.|
|Pumpkin Yellow||240 g|
|Vanilla Essence||3 ml|
- Boil the Pumpkin and keep aside to cool.
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat 1 and a 1/2-cup cream, cream cheese and 1/2 cup of brown sugar until it forms bubbles around sides of pan.
- In the meantime, take a small bowl; whisk the egg yolks, salt, spices and the remaining cream with brown sugar.
- Whisk a small amount of hot mixture (1st step) into the eggs. Pour the rest in the pan and whisk it constantly.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened.
- Quickly strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl; place in ice water and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add in pumpkin and vanilla; whisk them properly until completely cooled.
- Keep it in the freezer for 2 hours and again mix it nicely and freeze it again for overnight.
- Next day check the ice cream it can be scooped or not. If it’s not set properly again pulse the ice cream with the mixer and freeze it for 2 hours and serve the scoop.
Executive Chef, The Woodrose