Cream Of Carrot And Ginger Soup
Signature Club Resort
- Butter: 80gm
- Chopped carrot: 300gm
- Chopped celery: 10gm
- Chopped onion: 80gm
- Chopped ginger: 80gm
- Chopped fresh parsley: 2pinch (for garnish)
- Fresh cream: 100ml
- Milk: 150ml
- Water: 100ml
- Salt: to taste
- Sugar: 2pinch
- Crushed black pepper: to taste
- Dry basil: 1pinch
- Dry thyme: 1pinch
- In a soup-pan heat 40 gms butter over medium flame, then add onion, carrot, celery, 40 gms ginger and saute well and then add water. Reduce the heat and simmer until carrots are soft.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes, once it turns cold or room temperature, transfer it to a blender to make a smooth puree.
- Take a new soup-pan, add 40gm butter and heat it well, add 40gm ginger and saute for a bit. Once the garlic is sauteed well, add carrot puree and mix well. Once the puree is cooked, add milk and fresh cream and gradually mix them. Season it with salt, sugar, dry basil, dry thyme and crushed black pepper. Mix until it becomes smooth.
- Pour the soup in a soup bowl and garnish with chopped parsley, serve hot.
Sous Chef, Signature Club Resort