Chicken “n” Cheese Roll
|Sliced Roasted chicken||350 gms|
|Cheese grated||2 tbsp|
|Black pepper or to taste||½ tsp|
|Onion (large), sliced||1 no.|
|Bread Roll 6 inches length||4 nos|
|Capsicum chopped||1 wedge|
|Celery Stalks||2 nos|
|Parsley chopped||½ bunch|
|Table butter softened||2 tbsp|
|Gherkin Slices||8 pcs|
|Mayo Dijon Mustard||2 tbsp|
|Steak sauce||1 tsp|
|Rosemary Dried||½ tsp|
|Ice burg Lettuce chopped||2 leaves|
|Bavarian Endive or Escarole Lettuce||2 nos|
- Sauté Garlic, Onions, capsicum chopped, celery chopped and parsley with little butter and place these ingredients into the sliced chicken bowl.
- Add Mayo Mustard, steak sauce into the chicken mix and blend well with a wooden spoon. Add chopped Ice Burg and mix once again. Keep chilled.
- Toast the Rolls on one side to light brown color, apply butter on the flat toasted side. Place half cut lettuce on all four pieces.
- Scoop out with a Large spoon the chicken mix and place on the lettuce. Spread the same and not flatten it. Use liberal portion of chicken mix.
- Top the chicken mix with Jalapenos and gherkin slices. And tomato slices. Gently place the other half of the roll on top of this and serve with Sautéed Lyonnais Potatoes.
Any sandwich goes good with a beverage, may be coke, a milkshake or a smoothie.
Strawberry Banana smoothie
|Strawberry Fresh and de seeded||150 gms|
|Vanilla Essence||2 drops|
|Fresh Cream||1 tbsp|
- Using a blender mix all ingredients together until smooth and creamy and keep separate. Pour into desired glasses and serve.
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.