Diwali Recipe from Yam Bahadur Thapa
Asian Sous Chef, Brigade Hospitality Services Limited
- Mawa/Khoya: 2cup
- Desiccated coconut: 1cup
- Mixed nuts (chopped): 100gm
- Ghee: 2tsp
- Cardamom powder: 1/2tsp
- Crushed rose petals: for garnish
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, add the crushed mawa and cook on low flame.
- Add the sugar, desiccated coconut to the mawa.
- Keep the flame low, add the cardamom powder and cook again until the mixture comes out of the pan.
- Meanwhile, grease a plate generously and keep aside.
- Once the mixture gets thick, transfer this mixture to the greased plate.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts, crushed rose petals on the top. Give a press.
- Let it cool completely. Cut it into a small squares.