|Chicken [ Curry Cut ]||500 gms|
|Med. Onions||4 nos.|
|Capsicum Red Green||½ no. each|
|Gr. Chilly||3 nos.|
|GG chopped & GG Paste||40 gms each|
|Turmeric powder||½ tsp|
|Chilly powder||1 tsp|
|Kashmir Chilly Powder||1tbsp|
|Tomato Sauce||1 tbsp|
|Soya Sauce||½ tsp|
|Red Chilly Paste||1tsp|
|Salt & Pepper||To taste|
|Spring Onion julienne cut||1 no.|
|Cilantro Leaves||½ bunch|
- Cut chicken into even size pieces, wash well in running water and allow to drain in a colander.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions to golden brown color and then with the spices, green chilly ,celery hearts and GG, transfer into blender and mix well to a smooth paste
- In the mean timeBlanchtomatoes in little boiling water , remove skin and blend well. Keep aside. Dice Capsicums and blanch for three minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok, sauté well ground Masala, add GG paste till brown. Add Chicken pieces, sauté well , add condiments and continue cooking on a low fire.
- Add the sauces, chilly paste, and tomato puree, Blanched Capsicums ,Check seasonings, and add little stock water to moisten. Cook well till done and the Masala becomes semi thick.
- Mix 1 lime juice to add tanginess if required. Serve in a clean curry bowl and garnish with Chopped Daniya leaves and golden fried onions, and a pinch of Garam Masala.
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.