Ahaana Grilled Chicken
|Chicken Breast Steaks 2 Nos.||280 – 300g|
|Soya Sauce||4 – 5tbsp|
|White Wine||1 cup|
|Salt & Black Pepper||To Taste|
|Ginger & Garlic||1tsp|
|Refined Oil||For Basting|
|Parsley / Rosemary Together||1g|
- Make chicken stock, using bones and trimmings.
- The supreme of chicken – Breast pieces to be washed thoroughly, drain and pat dry. Make Gashes on the chicken and marinate the chicken in a tray with soy sauce, salt & Pepper, tomato Concasse, GG Paste, all sauces.
- Cover the chicken with cling foil and refrigerate for twenty minutes.
- Heat oil in a griddle, on a med. Flame, Take out the chicken and place on the iron griddle and start grilling by turning it on both sides. At the same time basting with oil.
- Once the chicken is cooked, transfer to a serving Plate. Serve with mashed potatoes and blanched buttered spinach
- Allemande sauce in French cuisine based on a velouté sauce [ in this case chicken stock is used ] but emulsified with egg yolks and heavy cream, and seasoned with lemon juice.
Making an Allemande Sauce
Make a roux with equal quantity of flour and butter stirring with a spatula. Add chicken stock and stir to make sure there are no lumps. You can even strain the veloute when once it is ready and allow to simmer. Allow the egg yolk and cream on a double boiler slowly stirring with a wooden spoon. Once the sauce is thickened, add the same to veloute and your blonde sauce after fully emulsifying is ready. To get a sharp taste a wedge of Lemon can be used.
I normally don’t grill chicken, Fish small quantities in an Oven, as the same gets dried up. So I Prefer Pan or griddle grilling.