Chicken Corden Blue
|Supreme of chicken||2 nos.|
|Ham Slices||2 slices|
|Grated Cheese (any cheese)||1 cup|
|Dijon mustard||2 tsp|
|Plain flour||½ cup|
|White breadcrumbs||For coating|
|Potatoes, cut into wedges||650 g|
|Refined Oil||For shallow frying|
|Chicken Cubes||2 nos.|
|Button Mushrooms sliced||1 cup|
|Green beans stringed||100 g|
- Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten with a meat Hamme
- Top each with a slice of ham, sliced Mushrooms and 1slice cheese.
- Roll up, enclosing filling, and secure by brushing sides with egg wash.
- Whisk eggs and mustard in a shallow bowl. Place flour and breadcrumbs into separate bowls.
- Lightly coat Chicken roll in flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Place on a plate.Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. For shallow fry for 3 minutes or until golden on all sides. Serve chicken with potato wedges and steamed green beans.
- Cut the roll into e Halves and pour cheese sauce on top and serve.
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.