|Fish Dices [ Seer or Snapper ]||½ kg|
|Garlic Fine chopped||1Tbsp|
|Black Pepper Powder||1tbsp|
|Cardamom Powder||½ tsp|
|Fresh thick Cream||1Tbsp.|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||1 tsp|
|Lemon Juice||1 tsp|
- Boneless the fish and dice, Wash, Clean, Rinse and Pat dry with a Kitchen Manual. In a small pan dry roast Basen flour till the raw smell ceases.
- Marinate the fish with salt, Lime juice, and white pepper. Keep aside.
- In a bowl Mix hung curd,garlic, cream, Mustard oil, Basen Flour and all other ingredients except Coriander Leaves.
- Slowly Blend the dices of fish with the curd mix. Skewer the same and cook in a tandoor.Note: If you don’t have a Tandoor at home, you can cook the same on an Iron griddle Basting with oil, making sure that , the fish doesn’t stick to the Bottom. You can use a dosa Bathi for grilling the fish.
- Serve the dish with salads, Mint chutney and Imly chutney.
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.