Though Murg Malai kebab is a Moghlai dish. The credit goes to the Land of Awadhi region. Murg Malai Kebab , truly a luscious lip-smacking smooth creamy chicken kebabs mildly flavored with cheese, herbs & spices, yoghurt.
Recipe has very few ingredients and makes a good appetizer. Indian kebabs are generally grilled in a tandoor which gives them a nice smoky flavor. The Nawabi cuisine gave the final touches for the Murg Malai Kebab, by adding a different condiments and spices. Thereby the recipe took a turn for good and gaining prominence.
Murg Malai Kebab with a silky combination of cream melted butter and Cheese makes it the softest chicken kebabs, moist, aromatic and a taste that lingers in your Palate.
The advantage with this is, it can be a starter for any time of the meal, if cut into smaller sizes and skewered and grilled as cocktail kebabs, maybe something like a satay with dips like a mint chutney and a Chatpatta chutney.
|Boneless chicken[ Tikka like pieces ]||1 kg|
|Hung curd||½ cup|
|Cashew Paste||1 tbsp|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Garam masala||½ tsp|
|Fresh Thick Cream||1cup|
|Kasoori Metthi Powder||½ tsp|
|White Pepper powder||½ tsp|
|Lemon juice||1 tbsp|
|Coriander leaves finely chopped||1tbsp|
|Chat Masala||½ tsp|
- Clean Wash, dices of chicken and drain well. Pat dry with kichen towel and keep in a bowl. And spread to remove all moisture.
- Add GGpaste, cashew Paste, Hung Curd , garam masala, and mustard oil. Mix well. Add chicken dices. And hung curd .
- Then add thick cream Kasoori Methi powder and all remaining ingredients. Mix well and cover with cling. Check seasonings. Add one wedge Lemon Juice. Refrigerate for a minimum of Two hrs .
- Heat an Iron griddle , smear little oil and Place the Marinated chicken on Both sides by basting with little oil.
- Once the chicken is cooked arrange in a plate with salads and a wedge of lemon. And grate cheese on top of the Kebabs
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.