Though Murg Malai kebab is a Moghlai dish. The credit goes to the Land of Awadhi region. Murg Malai Kebab , truly a luscious lip-smacking smooth creamy chicken kebabs mildly flavored with cheese, herbs & spices, yoghurt.
Recipe has very few ingredients and makes a good appetizer. Indian kebabs are generally grilled in a tandoor which gives them a nice smoky flavor. The Nawabi cuisine gave the final touches for the Murg Malai Kebab, by adding a different condiments and spices. Thereby the recipe took a turn for good and gaining prominence.
Murg Malai Kebab with a silky combination of cream melted butter and Cheese makes it the softest chicken kebabs, moist, aromatic and a taste that lingers in your Palate.
The advantage with this is, it can be a starter for any time of the meal, if cut into smaller sizes and skewered and grilled as cocktail kebabs, maybe something like a satay with dips like a mint chutney and a Chatpatta chutney.
|Boneless chicken[ Tikka like pieces ]||1 kg|
|Hung curd||½ cup|
|Cashew Paste||1 tbsp|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Garam masala||½ tsp|
|Fresh Thick Cream||1cup|
|Kasoori Metthi Powder||½ tsp|
|White Pepper powder||½ tsp|
|Lemon juice||1 tbsp|
|Coriander leaves finely chopped||1tbsp|
|Chat Masala||½ tsp|
- Clean Wash, dices of chicken and drain well. Pat dry with kichen towel and keep in a bowl. And spread to remove all moisture.
- Add GGpaste, cashew Paste, Hung Curd , garam masala, and mustard oil. Mix well. Add chicken dices. And hung curd .
- Then add thick cream Kasoori Methi powder and all remaining ingredients. Mix well and cover with cling. Check seasonings. Add one wedge Lemon Juice. Refrigerate for a minimum of Two hrs .
- Heat an Iron griddle , smear little oil and Place the Marinated chicken on Both sides by basting with little oil.
- Once the chicken is cooked arrange in a plate with salads and a wedge of lemon. And grate cheese on top of the Kebabs