- Sweet Potato- 300gram
- Sugar- 15gram
- Ghee- 15 gram
- Cashew nuts- 5gram
- Badam- 5gram
- Pista- 5gram
- Green cardamom powder- 10 gram
- Peel the sweet potato and grate it.
- Place a Kadai on medium heat, then add ghee. Once the ghee is warm, add sweet potato and stir properly till the sweet potato softens
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and nuts. Mix them well, keep stirring and cook the halwa for 2-3 minutes. (Keep a few chopped nuts for garnishing)
- Turn off the heat, transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish with nuts.
- Carrot- 250 gram
- Cardamom Powder – 3 gram
- Coconut Milk- 500ml
- Jaggery- 200 gram
- Cashews-50 gram
- Raisin- 50 gram
- Salt- 3 gram
- Ghee – 50 gram
- Boil the carrots (completely cooked)
- Add jaggery in 1/2 cup water, mix it well till the jaggery is dissolved.
- Blend the boiled carrots with ¼ cup of water in a blender
- Put Kadai on low flame, then add carrot puree, coconut milk, jaggery solution, and slat
- Continue to boil for 10 minutes, or until milk thickens and turns creamy.
- In a small pan, heat ghee, first add the cashews when they turn into light brown color, add the raisins.
- Now add ¼ tsp cardamom powder, fried cashew-raisins and mix well.
- Serve the carrot payasam hot or warm or cold.
Executive Chef, The Woodrose