|Biscuits, crushed||24 nos|
|Butter, Softened||175 g|
|Peach Halves (canned)||12 nos|
|Kraft cream cheese||150 g|
|Confectioner`s Sugar||75 g|
|Whipping Cream||3 tbsp|
|Honey syrup||2 tbsp|
- In a small Tray combine the cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased the tray.
- In a small saucepan, Melt the sugar, combine gelatin dissolved in warm water and simmer on a low fire.
- When the sugar syrup and gelatin gets thickened, Remove from fire and allow to cool. Cool to room temperature, Keeping on a trough of Ice and stir slowly stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Beat in whipped topping until blended.
- Spread over crust. Place Peaches as shown in the picture. Glaze with Honey gel on Peaches arranged.
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.