Chicken Dak Bunglow
- Chicken: one cut into medium pcs
- Ginger garlic chilli paste: 2 tbsp or as required
- Turmeric: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: as required
- Yoghurt: 4 tbsp
- Onion: 3 slices
- Kashmiri chilli powder: as required
- Mustard oil: 3 tbsp
- Bay leaves: 3 Nos.
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Cardamon: 4
- Dry chilled: 4 pcs
- Cinnamon: 1 inch
- Potatoes: 3 cut into two halves
- Egg hard boil: 3
- Make a paste of ginger, garlic and few green chillies
- Marinate the chicken with yoghurt, turmeric, salt and ginger paste keep for an hour or two.
- Make a dry masala of Cardomon Cinnamon, cumin, Drychilles, first dry roast then grind into a dry powder
- Boil the eggs and keep separately.
- Shallow fry the potatoes and keep aside
- Now pour oil in the pan add Bay leave Two pinch of sugar slice onions fry for few minutes when it is almost brown add the chicken and stir fry for five minutes, after that add potatoes and Kashmiri chilli powder,again stir fry for two minutes now add two glasses of warm water.
- Once the chicken is cooked and the gravy is in the required consistency.
- Garnish with egg haves in a bowl with steam hot rice.
About the author
Currently residing in Kolkata, Shimu Dutta always had a keen interest in cooking and has perused this culinary journey over decades, learning different cuisines from different countries/regions and from people of all walks of life. Born and brought up in Guwahati and having subsequently lived in various cities of India and abroad, Shimu has been exposed to a various styles of cooking and a variety of tastes.
Having lived for almost 20 years in the city of Abu Dhabi, which is a melting pot of more than 100 nationalities, she got the opportunity to learn cuisines of various western and southeastern countries right there in their kitchens. Over the last decade, she has conducted Indian cooking at various embassies in intuition, she also conducts cooking class, done cooking shows in Assamese and Bengali channel in Assam and Bengal. Having doe several pop up too.