In the wake of Pandemic across the world,it is only precaution that can protect us, eating and maintaining healthy food habits has become a priority, the need of the hour is immunity boosting food and ingredients,i will be sharing some simple and yet healthy recipes which will boost our immunity.
Today’s recipe is a simple south Indian beetroot poriyal, which is a combination of beetroot sauteed along with coconut and other regular spices. Beetroot is an excellent immune boosting vegetable which is rich in calcium, iron and vitamins A and C,folic acid,magnesium etc It is one of the most simple, basic and yet healthy south Indian dishes.
- Beetroot – 4 medium
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Green chilies – 3 chopped
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Turmeric pwd 1tsp
- chilly pwd 1tbs
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- urad dal – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – to taste
- black pepper crushed 1 tbs
- Coconut – 3 tbs grated
- Wash beetroot and peel the outer skin of Beetroot. Cut them into dices, boil the beetroot till cooked.
- In a medium pan, heat oil. Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and urad dal and let it fry for a minute.
- Add curry leaves and green chilies, turmeric, chilly powder fry for about 10 seconds. Then add onions and saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add the diced beetroot, and mix well. Let it cook on medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or until the moisture dries out a bit from the vegetable.
- Add crushed pepper and grated coconut, give it one last mix. Turn off the flame and serve hot with steam rice and sambar
About The Author:
Chef Dayanand Ramakrishnan is an experienced Culinary Professional, recognized for his exceptional skill, comprehensive knowledge of international cuisines, and unparalleled innovative approach in designing exquisite dining experiences.
Chef Dayanand has over 19 years of industry experience, managing the provision of fine dining for Hotels like the Oberoi Group of Hotels, the Taj Group of Hotels, the Future group, etc. He is presently associated with the Holycow Hospitality Pvt. Ltd. as Corporate Chef where he constantly strives to refine the art of cooking; develop impressive menus; and prepare culinary masterpieces that are influenced by culturally diverse regions around the globe. He is particularly adept at cultivating partnerships with service providers for the purpose of obtaining the freshest and highest quality ingredients. When it comes to craftsmanship, Chef Dayanad is very particular about ensuring that the patrons leave with unforgettable dining experiences. He is a perfectionist with an unflinching passion for great food. Neither does he compromise on food quality nor great taste and uses only the finest of ingredients to craft his food.