In the wake of Pandemic across the world,it is only precaution that can protect us, eating and maintaining healthy food habits has become a priority, the need of the hour is immunity boosting food and ingredients,i will be sharing some simple and yet healthy recipes which will boost our immunity.
Today’s recipe is a simple south Indian beetroot poriyal, which is a combination of beetroot sauteed along with coconut and other regular spices. Beetroot is an excellent immune boosting vegetable which is rich in calcium, iron and vitamins A and C,folic acid,magnesium etc It is one of the most simple, basic and yet healthy south Indian dishes.
- Beetroot – 4 medium
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Green chilies – 3 chopped
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Turmeric pwd 1tsp
- chilly pwd 1tbs
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- urad dal – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – to taste
- black pepper crushed 1 tbs
- Coconut – 3 tbs grated
- Wash beetroot and peel the outer skin of Beetroot. Cut them into dices, boil the beetroot till cooked.
- In a medium pan, heat oil. Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and urad dal and let it fry for a minute.
- Add curry leaves and green chilies, turmeric, chilly powder fry for about 10 seconds. Then add onions and saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add the diced beetroot, and mix well. Let it cook on medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or until the moisture dries out a bit from the vegetable.
- Add crushed pepper and grated coconut, give it one last mix. Turn off the flame and serve hot with steam rice and sambar