This is one of the favourite Dessert accepted by the connoisseurs in the world. A combination of the ingredients blended together makes it succulent and always enliven your Taste Buds craving for more. Yes, enjoy this with your beloved over a red wine in a dim lit atmos. Tiramisu if properly made, is invigorating dessert. Indulge yourself.
|Marsala or any Indian wine||2 tbsp|
|Mascarpone or Amul Cheese||250 gms|
|Thick cream||150 ml|
|Strong black coffee||100 ml|
|Tia Maria or Rum||100 ml|
|Cocoa powder or coffee powder||To sprinkle|
- Take a clean glass bowl, add egg yolks and sugar and whisk well until pale and thick,. Stir the Marsala wine and mascarpone cheese together then fold into the egg and sugar mixture With a wooden spoon.
- Whip cream in another bowl and whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks in another. Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture, then fold in the whipped egg whites.
- Place a parchment paper inside a square baking silicone mould and keep ready for the next step. In a different bowl mix together. Dark coffee extract and 1 tsp of dark rum, mix with a spoon, dip biscuits and then place in the mould. Sprinkle little cocoa Powder and place the cream mix, spread.
- Repeat the process until all the Tiramisu mix is used. Chill the mix with the tray for minimum 4 hrs for setting. Once the `Misu` is ready, take out from the refrigerator, open the lock and remove the tin. Keep back in the refrigerator and take out only to serve.
- Before serving, sprinkle on to with coffee powder or even cocoa powder and serve gently.
Notes: If you don’t have Madeira wine, you may use any other red wine. In case mascarpone cheese is not available, U may use Amul Cheese spread. You may even set this, in individual glass bowls.
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.