Sliced Beef With Pimentoes
- Beef fillet slices 250gm
- Med. Onions 1 no.
- Capsicum 1 wedge
- Red & Yellow Pimentos 1 wedge each
- Ginger and Garlic chopped & Ginger Paste 50gm each
- Gr. Chilly slit into half 1 no.
- Celery 1 stalk
- Tomato Sauce 1 tbsp
- Tabasco Sauce 1 tbsp
- Soya Sauce ½ tsp
- Chilly Paste half tsp
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- Oil 45 ml.
- Spring Onion julienne cut 1 no.
- Cilantro Leaves ½ bunch chopped.
- Slice meat fillet and flatten with a stek hammer very lightly.
The meat fillets should be sliced to paper thin slices.
Marinate with salt, pepper and GG Paste. Smear well.
Now start cutting the capsicum and pimentos into julienne shapes sliced onions, etc.
- Heat oil in a wok, sauté ginger garlic (chopped ) green chilies, onions, celery, sliced capsicum and pimentos for 3 mnts till the raw smell ceases
- Add sliced beef fillets, sauces, chilly paste, check for seasoning and mildly moisten with stock water.
- Serve hot, semi dry garnished with spring onion and cilantro leaves.
It’s so vague and varied that one doesn’t know what you mean, other than something Positive.”, though it is to have been known to use it on occasions.
“Perfect” Is One Of The Words
everyone would suggest.
Adding to the list…. and yummy?
That’s just another word for Delicious!
The legend says:
Transubstantiation certainly links
food and the body, but there doesn’t appear
to be a clear link between the belief and the phrase.
It’s safe to assume the origin is more
supper than supplication.
And the famous saying goes true:
Yes! You are what you eat!!!
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.