Tuna Fish Curry
A tasty, aromatic seafood dish packed with vitamin B-12 and all the benefits of Kokum
By: Chef Prakash D, Executive Chef, Woodrose Club, by Brigade Group
Serves – 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
|Small Onion||500 g|
|Green Chilli||5 g|
|Curry Leaves||5 g|
|Pepper Powder||4 g|
|Red Chilli Powder||8 g|
|Turmeric Powder||4 g|
|Mustard Seeds||3 g|
|Coriander Leaves||5 g|
|Refined Oil||30 ml|
- Slice and carefully wash the tuna fish such that it doesn’t break.
- Soak dried Kokum in a little hot water and keep aside.
- On a high flame, add oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Cut onions, ginger, and garlic into slices, slit green chillis and keep aside.
- Add chopped vegetables and curry leaves in the pan and sauté it well.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder to the mix, after a few minutes add water and allow to bubble for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add soaked Kokam along with the water and salt and bring it to boil.
- Add the tuna slices in the curry and stir it gently for a little while. Cover the pan and allow the fish to cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with coriander and curry leaves. Combines best with hot white rice.