|Chicken breasts B/L||2 nos|
|Salami or Ham Slices Half moon cut||6 slices|
|Zucchini, half Moon Cut||1 no.|
|GG paste||1 tbsp|
|Medium tomatoes,||3 nos|
|Yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced||2 nos|
|Red onion, Half cut||1 no.|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 tbsp|
|BBq Sauce||1 tsp|
|Salt and Black Pepper||To taste|
|Shredded mozzarella||½ cup|
|Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish||A bunch|
|Button Mushrooms||8 nos|
- Clean, Wash and rinse chicken breasts and pat dry the same with a dry towel. Make gashes on the chicken and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Smear GG Paste, Little Olive oil and keep aside. Smear BBq sauces in between the gashes.
- Insert half cut salami or Ham, then the zucchini, half moon cut tomatoes, Green Peppers, Onion etc. And cover with grated mozzarella cheese. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- In the mean time pre Heat an Oven to 360 degrees. When the required temp. is reached, Grease a baking tray, Place the chicken in the tray and keep for baking . Continue baking for 30 to 35 mts.
- Mean while Spinach can be buttered in a non stick pan on a low heat and neatly plated with glazed cherry
- When the chicken is cooked transfer to the Plate garnish with Parsley and serve hot. BBQ sauce reduced in white wine can be given as accompaniment.
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.