ThanksGiving recipes by Executive Chef Gaurav Anand, Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway
These recipes are not just perfect for Thanksgiving but for any special family dinner. With Christmas around the corner, you can give these special recipes a try!
Herb Chicken with Beets & Brussel Sprouts
- Kosher salt – 10gm
- Paprika – 15gm
- Dried thyme – 10gm
- Freshly ground pepper – 10gm
- Whole chicken – 1nos
- Lemon – 1nos
- 1 large celery rib
- 1 red onion
- 4 clove garlic
- Baby carrots – 80gm
- Assorted beets – 80gm
- Brussels sprouts -150gm
- Dijon mustard
- Fresh rosemary leaves
- Stir together first 4 ingredients. Remove and discard neck and giblets from chicken. Sprinkle chicken with salt mixture. Place lemon into cavity of chicken. Tie legs together with kitchen string, and tuck wingtips under.
- Place celery, onion, and garlic in a single layer in a lightly greased 6-quart slow cooker. Place chicken on top of onions, breast side up. Arrange and tuck remaining vegetables around chicken. Sprinkle vegetables with any remaining salt mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours or until done. Remove chicken to a serving dish. Rub skins from beets and cut into quarters; arrange with other vegetables around chicken. Garnish with rosemary. Whisk mustard into remaining cooking juices in slow cooker; season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve sauce with chicken.
ROASTED SQUASH WITH GOAT CHEESE & POACHED CRANBERRIES
- Butternut squash, sliced crosswise into 6 rounds
- Olive oil – 15gm
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper – 10
- Fresh cranberries – 100gms
- Pure maple syrup – 15gms
- Fresh orange juice – 20gms
- Chopped fresh rosemary – 10gms
- Log goat cheese, at room temperature – 50gms
- Heavy cream – 20gm
- roasted and salted pepitas – 15gms
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss together squash and oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast, turning once, until golden brown and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Combine cranberries, maple syrup, orange juice, and rosemary in a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until cranberries begin to pop, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir together goat cheese and heavy cream in a bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve squash topped with cheese mixture, cranberries, and pepitas.