As winter blankets Gangtok in a pristine layer of snow, the hill station emerges as the quintessential winter getaway, nestled in the Eastern Himalayas. The capital of Sikkim, Gangtok, offers a magical escape with its crisp mountain air, awe-inspiring views, and a multitude of experiences. The city transforms into a mesmerizing wonderland during the winter months, with the majestic peaks of the Himalayas, including Kanchenjunga, creating a picturesque backdrop for an idyllic vacation.
Gangtok captivates visitors with five compelling reasons for a winter retreat.
- From tranquil retreats and cozy hideaways providing respite from daily life to ancient monasteries enhancing the experience with rhythmic chants and the scent of incense against a snowy backdrop, the city offers a unique blend of tranquility and adventure.
- Visitors can choose between luxurious mountain resorts or snug homestays, where they can envision sipping hot cocoa by a crackling fireplace or enjoying panoramic views of snow-capped peaks from the comfort of their rooms.
- For adventure enthusiasts, Gangtok’s winter sports scene beckons, offering exhilarating activities like snowboarding and skiing on the slopes of Nathula, along with the thrill of a cable car ride above snow-clad hills.
- The city’s winter charm extends to vibrant festive vibes and local culture, as Gangtok comes alive with colorful celebrations, traditional dances, and a festive atmosphere.
- Immerse yourself in the warmth of local hospitality, savor traditional delicacies, and partake in the joyful festivities that make Gangtok an extraordinary and unforgettable winter destination.
Below are two IHCL properties in Gangtok that provide guests with an opportunity to experience winter in luxe and comfort:
- Taj Guras Kutir Resort & Spa, Gangtok –
Nestled in the alpine landscape of Sikkim, Taj Guras Kutir Resort & Spa, Gangtok, is set amidst lush greenery and offers panoramic views of the majestic Kanchenjunga. The 69-key resort sprawling over 14 acres is a serene hide out. The architecture emphasizes a strong sense of the indigenous culture and the resort is a blend of Sikkimese aesthetics and contemporary design. Bringing in the picturesque vistas of the outdoors, each of the spacious rooms features a unique Thangka, the local Buddhism inspired paintings. The hotel offers a unique gastronomic experience to the patrons with its forest-themed, all-day diner Machan, a pan-Asian specialty, Soi & Sake and Guras Lounge & Bar serving Hi-tea and cocktails. The lavishly designed banquet and meeting rooms are ideal to host social soirees and corporate get-togethers. Embrace wellbeing at J Wellness Circle, with its wide-ranging holistic practices rooted in the ancient wellness traditions of India. For those who relish entertainment, the resort also provides a dedicated games room.
- Ginger Gangtok, Bojoghari –
Ginger Gangtok, Bojoghari, is one of the best hotels in Gangtok, offering inspiring, high-energy stays that allow guests to experience a seamless switch between work & play. Check in to Lean Luxe with 89 well-appointed rooms, Qmin – our signature all-day diner, and a state-of-the-art fitness center. The hotel also features vibrant meeting spaces for up to 30 people and an inviting bar to unwind. Ginger Gangtok, Bojoghari, invites you to immerse yourself in a world where relaxation and adventure intertwine seamlessly. Counted amongst the most stylish and vibrant hotels in Sikkim, the hotel is strategically located on the Indra Bypass with easy access to Gangtok’s major attractions, such as Nathula Pass, Hanuman Tok, Yumthang Valley, Rumtek Monastery, and Tsomgo Lake. The hotel is 7 km away from Gangtok’s key corporate hubs, providing convenient and comfortable stays.
Disclaimer: The Daily Brunch does not own the copyrights to the featured images.