Reminds you of “ Colorado Rocky Mountain” or Denver`s Country roads, yes! It’s a diff. Culture, the people like we see old American cowboys etc… etc…. Times have changed, cuisine has taken a diversion. You wanna have sandwiches, Burgers, Cokes and Dessert, come to the Country Roads, Enjoy it with a glass of Draught beer or may be a sour whisky which is characteristic with a munch of beef, cheese and country potatoes. Enjoy this at home. Make an atmos for your New year Eve party. Indulge in Wild west with your Cheeky friends…..The Night is yours……
PHILLY STEAK SANDWICH
|Thinly sliced Roasted Beef Tenderloin||350 gms|
|Black pepper or to taste||½ tsp|
|onion (large), sliced||½ tsp|
|Celery chopped||1 small stalk|
|Sandwich Bread||8 slices|
|Capsicum strips||1 wedge|
|Table butter softened||2 tbsp|
|Garlic clove fine chopped||2 nos|
|Mayo Dijon Mustard||1 tbsp|
|Steak sauce||1 tbsp|
|Chilly Flakes or paste||½ tsp|
- Cut the roasted Beef slices into strips and now sauté the same with, chilly paste, garlic and other Vegetables in butter.
- When the vegetables are tender, remove from fire and transfer to a bowl.
- When the mix is cold add the sauce and Mayo Dijon Mustard [ a blend of Mayonnaise and Mustard ].and mix well smoothly.
- In the meantime toast the bread slices and apply butter and little Mayonnaise. Take a large spoon of Beef steak mix or as required and fill the same on Lettuce placed on the 4 slices of bread. Close the open sandwich with other slices of Toasted bread and cut the sides of the sandwich to take the crusty part.
- Serve the same with fried potatoes and cole slaw.
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.