The Great Tuna Sandwich
|Tuna Meat in oil||300 gms|
|Celery stalk chopped||2 nos|
|Med. Sized Onion finely Chopped||1 no.|
|Chopped Parsley||1 tbsp|
|Chopped Green Chilly||2 nos|
|Red wine||½ tsp2|
|Black Pepper||½ tsp|
|Brown or white Bread||4 nos|
|Grated Cheese||1 tbsp|
|Tomato roundels||2 nos|
- Open Tuna can and pick required quantity of tuna and keep in a plate. Let the excess oil drain off.
- Mix together celery, onions, green chilly, parsley , and blend with a spoon, add wine, Mayonnaise and grated cheese.
- You can add tuna flakes and mix very lightly without the flaky texture being not disturbed.
- Now toast the bread slices on single side, till brown and crispy. Apply Butter on the untoasted side and spread Ice Berg Lettuce on it.
- Scoop out with a large spoon the tuna mix and evenly spread on the lettuce with outPressing . Place tomato slices
- Cover with the unused toasts on top and serve with French fries.
“As a cold beverage one can choose chocolate Milk shake”
Chocolate Milk shake
|Granulated Sugar||30 gms|
|Hershey’s choco. Sauce||30 ml|
|Vanilla Ice Cream||30 ml|
|Thick Fresh Cream||2 tbsp|
- Before you start, the milk should be kept in a freezer and doubly chilled.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and blend well. Take a glass and with te blunt side of a spoon apply chocolate sauce into the sides of the glass.
- Then pour the thick milk shake into the glass and serve.
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.