[Authentic English Roast]
|Beef Tenderloin||800 gms|
|GG chopped||1 tbsp|
|GG paste||1 tsp|
|Celery Sticks with heart||2 nos|
|Carrots Med. Size||2 nos|
|Pepper Corn||1 tbsp|
|Bay Leaf||1 no.|
|Rosemary dried||½ tsp|
|Dil leaves||½ tsp|
|Soya sauce||10 ml|
|Steak Sauce||10 ml|
|Ginger Honey||1 tsp|
- Remove unwanted loose ends from the Tenderloin cut off excess fat if any, Wash and pat dry with a Kitchen towel.
- Poke the meat with 2 pronged fork , rub in salt and pepper , little olive oil and gg paste. Keep aside for half an hour.
- 1for grilling . Make sure it doesn’t burn, Baste if required with oil and brown the meat on all four sides.
- Now place the tenderloin in a tray, along with all ingredients. You can add one tomato cut into quarters into the tray. Keep aside.
- Switch on the Oven and Pre Set the oven to 150 degree centigrade and once the Oven has attained the temp. open the Oven and Place the tray inside and start roasting , basting one time or 2 times , with out affecting the temp. loss.
- Roast for 45 minutes, and finally check the doneness. when there is tint of pink color on the meat when sliced the meat is ready.
- You can serve the meat either as a starter or as a whole meal with Dijon Mustard .
- You can place the cooked vegetables and butter into a bowl with 120 ml. of Red wine and blend well. This sauce also can be an accompaniment for the roast Tenderloin.
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.