|Sunflower oil||200 ml|
|Condensed Milk||150 gms|
|Dry Blue berry||50gms|
|Broken Cashew nut||350 gms|
|Dates chopped||50 gms|
|Orange Juice||100 ml|
- Wash, clean rinse fruits and nuts. Remove almond skin and keep all separate.
- Boil water with sugar and a all fruits and nuts and mix well also add orange juice. Reduce complete moisture and make fruits into a thick mix. Allow to cool and keep separate.
- Take the plum cake mix, add egg, Butter and vegetable oil and condensed Milk in a mixing bowl. And blend well by beating it on top speed.Make sure the ingredients are blended well.
- Now add the boiled fruits and nuts, rum and Brandy and Mix well on a slow speed for 3 minutes once again taking care that the mix well blended.
- Take a parchment paper and cut into the size of the mouldingtray. Grease the tray and place the parchment paper in it.
- Pre heat the oven at 160 degree centigrade and maintain the same. Pour the cake mix into the parchment paper and bake in the oven for
- Your cake will have the correct, flavor, texture and right color too. Cut the cake after so that its well cooled and has attained the room temp.
Note: Crust and Crumb plum mix readily available in supermarkets and food stores. No additional
Chef Nandakumar Menon or ‘Chef Nandu as he is known evolved into the Super Chef series. He was at the CASINO HOTEL in Kochi and later at the remarkable COCONUT LAGOON in Kumarakom. Both iconic Hotels and restaurants of repute for the quality and consistency of food offered at their restaurants. Coconut Lagoon where Chef Nandu headed the kitchen moulded him to cater to international clientele from all over the world coming in to experience the magic of the backwaters of Kerala and Kerala itself as a unique destination.
From his early Catering Technology days at Adayar, Chennai and training at the famed TAJ MAHAL INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL, Mumbai, Chef Nandu was back again at the Welcome Group’s ADAYAR PARK INN, Chennai.
Later he headed the setting up of the various F&B outlets of the ABAD PLAZA group, Kochi as its Corporate Chef.
And then with the Quilon Beach hotels, Chef Nandu created a redefined art of culinary expertise. His clientele were Doctors, Cashew businessmen and of course celebrities from the tinsel world, the cloyed connoisseurs had a different feel with his nouvelle cuisine.
He still loves to cook and share his valuable experience of the world of food with The Daily Brunch and its readers in our series on SUPER CHEFS.