Almond Crusted Sweet Potato cakes dipped in Creamy herb and chilli mayo – the absolute most fabulous and easy appetizer.These patties have the most amazing textural contrast. They are soft and chewy on the inside and have a delicious and crunchy coating on the outside, thanks to the almonds.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 400g cooked mashed potatoes
- 220g flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten(optional)
- 200g shredded cheddar cheese
- 50g fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 50g chopped almonds
- 2tbs olive oil
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until tender. Remove from heat.
- Combine onion mixture, potatoes, flour, eggs, cheddar, parsley, salt and pepper until mixed.
- Heat one teaspoon olive oil in a non stick skillet over medium high heat until hot. make roundles of potato mixture coat little water amd flir batter ,dip it into the chopped almonds,crust it and place into the skillet, flatten slightly and cook three minutes on each side until golden. Drain on paper towel to cool.
- Serve hot with herb and green chilli mayo
About the author
Chef Dayanand Ramakrishnan is an experienced Culinary Professional, recognized for his exceptional skill, comprehensive knowledge of international cuisines, and unparalleled innovative approach in designing exquisite dining experiences.
Chef Dayanand has over 19 years of industry experience, managing the provision of fine dining for Hotels like the Oberoi Group of Hotels, the Taj Group of Hotels, the Future group, etc. He is presently associated with the Holycow Hospitality Pvt. Ltd. as Corporate Chef where he constantly strives to refine the art of cooking; develop impressive menus; and prepare culinary masterpieces that are influenced by culturally diverse regions around the globe. He is particularly adept at cultivating partnerships with service providers for the purpose of obtaining the freshest and highest quality ingredients. When it comes to craftsmanship, Chef Dayanad is very particular about ensuring that the patrons leave with unforgettable dining experiences. He is a perfectionist with an unflinching passion for great food. Neither does he compromise on food quality nor great taste and uses only the finest of ingredients to craft his food.