Dundee Cake Recipe
- Unsalted Butter – 200gm
- Breakfast Sugar – 200gm
- Egg – 04no’s
- Flour – 180gm
- Orange rind – 02 no’s
- Lemon rind – 04 no’s
- Peeled almonds – 30 no’s
- Rum Soaked Fruits – 200gm
- Combine butter and sugar and add egg one by one.
- Gradually incorporate egg to the batter and when it becomes smooth paste, add flour and mix it gently.
- Add orange and lemon rinds, mix it well till the flavours mix with the batter.
- Add soaked fruits.
- Make sure that fruit mix with the batter evenly
- In 8 inch cake mold, pour the batter and arrange the almonds on top of the cake as per your liking and bake it at 190 degree Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm
This recipe is for 1kg Dundee cake.
About the Author
Rohan Rajan Malwankar is the Executive Chef at Courtyard by Marriott Bengaluru Hebbal.With over 13 years in the hospitality industry, Rohan brings to the table an extensive body of work experience having worked with various brands across the Marriott International portfolio as well as Hyatt hotels, at iconic properties across Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Jaipur.With his well-versed experience in the culinary arts, he has been a pivotal team player with ideating and launching new F&B concepts, driving revenue and meeting guest satisfaction .When away from work he loves to play cricket and also hone his passion for photography .