Take Action For Oceans While Ticking Off Bucket List Experiences During A Fin-Tastic Shark Week At Atlantis The Palm, Dubai This 11-18 July 2021
From diving with sharks and rays to learning how to protect them, guests can contribute to conservation – with 1USD from every marine experience booked donated to conservation, sustainability, and environmental education initiatives
This Shark Week (11-18th July),
Atlantis, Dubai is running a number of shark-themed educational programmes for guests prepared to take the plunge – and discover everything they’ve ever wanted to know about this fascinating species, while also enjoying a once in a lifetime experience and giving back to the environment.
Home to 11 species of sharks, including the Blacktip shark, Arabian carpetshark and Zebra shark, this Shark Week guests can tick off an array of jaw-some bucket list experiences including the exhillerating 10m-deep Predator Dive, where guests can take part in feeding time, and the world’s deepest aquarium walk, AquaTrek Xtreme.
Budding conservationists from children to teens, can also take part in Atlantis Dubai’s new Marine Biologist programmes to get closer to sharks (Mini Marine, Junior Marine, and Master Marine) at the AZA-accredited,
The Lost Chambers Aquarium. These experiences aim to nurture and develop a passion in youngsters to protect marine life and understand why the wellbeing of every single animal is always the key priority of Atlantis, Dubai’s dedicated team of marine animal specialists.
Both underwater adventurers and marine life lovers who prefer to keep their heads above water can go back of house on a Fish Tales Tour at The Lost Chambers Aquarium to learn more about shark species native to local Arabian Gulf waters such as the Arabian carpetshark. Guests can also learn more about Atlantis, Dubai’s shark breeding and release programmes – even taking a closer look at their eggs, which expert aquarists monitor all the way through to babies hatching, juveniles developing and adult sharks being released into the wild.
Now in its 33rd year, Discovery Channel’s annual Shark Week bonanza shines a spotlight on one of the world’s most fascinating species with a number of themed documentaries, films and events. Atlantis Dubai joins this week of exploration and education as part of the resort’s mission is to raise awareness about sharks and marine life under Atlantis Atlas Project, the destination’s commitment to conservation and sustainability.
For every marine animal experience booked throughout 2021, 1 USD will be donated to conservation, sustainability, and environmental education initiatives, that will be selected twice annually as part of
Atlantis Atlas Project to make a measurable impact to the natural world.
MARINE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMES
Mini Marine Biologist Programme – Younger children can be part of Atlantis’ specialist Aquarist team as they join them in the shallow water to get an up-close look at starfish, sea cucumbers and baby sharks. During this fun-filled adventure, they’ll learn all about marine life with incredible facts that they will be able to expertly pass onto their family and friends.
- Ages: 3-6 years old
- Daily from 10:30am – 11.30am
- Prices start from AED 175 including free same-day access to Aquaventure Waterpark, The Lost Chambers Aquarium, certificate and complimentary photo
Junior Marine Biologist Programme – Enjoy a visit to the state-of-the-art Fish Hospital with our Aquarists and learn all about our breeding programmes. Junior Marine Biologists will get a chance to feed our newly born sharks and rays and discover what it takes to care for 65,000 marine animals in The Lost Chambers Aquarium.
- Ages: 6-12 years old
- Every Tuesday and Friday from 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Prices start from AED 300 including The Lost Chambers Aquarium, certificate and complimentary photo
Master Marine Biologist Programme – A behind the scenes experience of the resort’s world-class facilities will educate teens on the basics of animal care, feeding and maintenance, as well as the on-site breeding programmes. By shadowing one of the Marine Mammal Specialists, participants will discover what it takes to care for dolphins and sea lions and get the opportunity to meet the Aquarists to experience first-hand how to prepare food and feed animals including our jellyfish, corals, and tropical fish.
- Ages: 12-16 years old
- Every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from 10:00am – 3:30pm
- Prices start at AED 600 including Dolphin Bay, Sea Lion Point, The Lost Chambers Aquarium, lunch, certificate and complimentary photo
Fish Tales Tour – For those who marvel at life underwater, visitors can join a guided tour back of house at The Fish Hospital on a Fish Tales Tour, to see Atlantis Dubai’s shark and ray breeding programmes which help to restore local populations in Dubai waters and learn about conservation.
- All ages
- Daily at 10:00am, 12.00pm, 1.00pm, 2.00pm, 3.00pm, and 4.00pm
- AED 45 excluding free same-day admission to The Lost Chambers Aquarium
Ocean Tales – Learn everything there is to know about sharks from fun facts to their conservation status with the region’s first AI aquarium experience,
- All ages
- Free web application for use with admission to The Lost Chambers Aquarium
UNDERWATER EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMES
Shark Safari – An exclusive one-off experience for Shark Week, explore the shark filled lagoon wearing a state-of-the-art oxygenated helmet and surround yourself with majestic marine species including sharks, rays and colourful fish. Suitable for 10yrs and above.
- For ages 10 and above
- Available from the 16th-18th July at 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, and 4:00pm
- Prices start at AED 360 including an educational briefing, towels, refreshments and free same-day access to Aquaventure Waterpark. Please note, guests will need to bring their own swimwear.
Predator Dive – Discover life underwater and relish the chance to hand-feed different species of sharks and rays during a 40 minute dive in The Ambassador Lagoon.
- For certified divers aged 10 and above
- Daily at 6:45pm
- AED 2,055 including an educational briefing, wetsuite loan, towels and refreshments
Ultimate Snorkel – Swim on the surface of The Ambassador Lagoon and take in the wonder of the stunning, colourful marine life that it is home to, without needing to plunge further below.
- For ages 6 and above
- Daily at 2:00pm
- AED 285 including an educational briefing, wetsuite loan, towels and refreshments
Aquatrek Xtreme – Experience the record-breaking Aquatrek Xtreme. Using a special oxygenated helmet, you will go 10m down to the bottom of Dubai’s largest aquarium to experience the thrill of being surrounded by thousands of marine species including sharks, rays and colourful fish during a 20 minute walk underwater.
- For ages 12 and above
- Daily at 1:00pm and 4:00pm
- Prices start from AED 775 including an educational briefing, wetsuite loan, towels and refreshments
Dive Explorer – Scuba dive between the ruins of the lost city of Atlantis in The Lost Chambers Aquarium, home to 65,000 marine animals and 250 species, and emerge exhilarated after 30 minutes in the water.
- For certified divers aged 10 and above
- Daily at 09:00am
- Prices start from AED 1,050 including an educational briefing, wetsuite loan, towels and refreshments
Dive Discovery – Try your hand at scuba diving in Dubai’s largest aquarium and marvel at life underwater. Led by a dive leader and safety diver, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience an extraordinary 30 minute to the beautiful depths of The Ambassador Lagoon.
- For non-certified divers aged 10 and above
- Daily at 10:00am and 2:00pm
- From AED 1,250 including an educational briefing, wetsuite loan, towels and refreshments
To book an educational experience at Atlantis, Dubai, this Shark Week, visit